Good morning! When I started this blog I had every intention to blog weekly. I guess I did not take into account that when you are working on projects, sometimes your budget slows you down. Or your 1.5 year old.
BUT I am here with a room update! I am not actually 100% done in this room but I sort of have to stop where I am for a few reasons. If you follow me on Instagram, you already got to see the sneak peek and lots of stories leading up to this. If you don’t follow me there, you are missing out!
I was sort of hoping this project would have a little more blog-worthy DIY projects to post about but it didn’t.
Anyways, back to why you are here. Time to look at our newly updated dining room!
Here is the before and the plan I wanted to follow <- in case you want to jog your memory. This project took longer than it should have…umm it should have probably only taken a weekend. I mean, it literally only took me two hours to paint the room.
I toyed with painting this room a dark color because there is so much light in this room and it could handle it. After painting our office back wall a dark blue, I was not sure if there is a “rule” to having two dark rooms across from each other, so I opted to go light. I am not disappointed. I chose Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams and just getting the fresh paint on the wall made a world of difference in here. The original paint, while new, is a flat sheen. Not only did it show all the dirty marks but it also fell flat. The paint I put on the wall is eggshell and that slightest change made the room so incredibly bright.
We bought this buffet when we moved into the house to actually use as a tv stand. I personally liked using it in the family room but my husband did not, due to the height of the piece. We bought something else and moved this into the dining room. It really DID add more storage that we need badly!
This rug. This was part of what held up this room being complete. I looked at SO MANY RUGS. The room needed a rug but I didn’t want something that would compete with everything and I didn’t want another gray rug (we have one in the living room). I actually found this on Amazon for a very reasonable price! Click the link in the caption to see the source. I did go with an 8×10 and the size is great. It is on the thinner side, but I don’t think something thicker would really work in this room.
Originally I had two pictures on either side of the window but then I happened to see a Decor Steals deal on Facebook and immediately bought these metal hanging baskets. The wheat is not in its forever home but I wanted to get something in there. I am still deciding what to replace it with.
If you didn’t see my IG/FB post about this tobacco basket, you need to check out Hobby Lobby. Not only do they have great farmhouse wares, they have these tobacco baskets reasonably priced! The pumpkins are all from the Dollar Store and I painted them different shades of blue, mint, and white to match my style.
If you saw my Instastories the other day, I mentioned how I tried to start replacing the cream outlets for white and thanks to the wiring being all sorts of crazy and the guy that flipped our house being too lazy to find which breaker goes where he just had his guys fill in the sheet and move on. Out of 30 breakers, not one single breaker is labeled correctly. I THOUGHT I hit the right breaker after shutting the entire house down, but not the case OUCH!
So really all I have left in there is to switch the outlets out, sand the table and reseal to fix some of the scratches, and deep clean the wainscoting.
Now, when I get back into town, it is time to work on my last minute Thanksgiving tablescape.